Final Fantasy 4 - Ultima
This hack is a deluxe version of Final Fantasy II for the SNES. FF2US always felt somewhat lacking and incomplete but full of potential. This hack rectifies that by adding a ton of additions to the base game while keeping the majority of the main story intact and the feel of FF2US the same.
List of features, additions and changes:
- 22 New Weapons! Including Ultima Weapon!
- 11 New Spells! Also revamped existing spells so the useless ones are now useful!
- 8 New bosses!!
- New maps, new areas and new edits to overworld maps!
- New events!
- New commands for characters and new gears.
- Revamped shops/equipment and balanced their progression.
- Edge is now buffed and no longer useless!
- Rydia has also been buffed(slightly). Its a surprise!
- Cecil has been buffed as a tank.
- Rosa can use more White Mage combative gears.
- Kain has new offensive buffing spells at end-game and new commands as he rejoins the team.
- Rare items and summons now drop much easier! This hack is designed as a play-through without grinding.
- Many enemies now have meaningful rare drops, and all end-game enemies now have rare ultimate drops!
- New thrown weapons and back-row weapons!
- Lots of secrets that can lead to early acquirement of better equipment!
- Few minor tweaks to the base game such as save points, etc.
- Useless finds now replaced with good items or equipment!
- All weapons/armors used by characters no longer in party are now usable by at least one character from the end-game party!
- MOST items/equipment are now non-missable. Meaning they will be acquirable in some ways at end-game.